Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'M BACK WITH NEWS FROM FREEZING COLD NOWHERE

Just want to say I'm back.

I know, I've been away a while but I was busy at work the last several days. Then, last night I thought I might post, but then I realized that the whole World Wide Web (Wikipedia, Google etc) had shut down or otherwise launched their own protests over the USA's proposed Stop Online Piracy Act, and I thought I might as well join in the protest along with everyone else by not posting a thing here.

Anyway, it looks like that act won't be going ahead now, thanks to the stand taken by all the online people. I'm not in favor of piracy either, but that act really was overreaching in my view.

To say the least, I missed out on a lot of news from the past week due to all the work I was doing, such as that cruise ship that went down, as well as the Miss America Pageant won by Miss Wisconsin, and the Golden Globe awards hosted again by Ricky Gervais, and these exciting NFL games, and the US government saying no to the Keystone XL pipeline, and all the rest of it. Of course, there has been a lot of activity on the campaign trail in the United States, and I'll do a full post on that later on with the South Carolina primary campaign news, of which there was a considerable amount today.

In other news, a major mass of Arctic air has swept through my region and is sweeping North America, dipping the temperatures down to minus 30 degrees where I am! To make a long story short, I am just shivering here in frozen Canada.

That amounts to News from Nowhere for right now. I simply felt the need to show my face.

No comments: