Wednesday, December 21, 2011

POLITICAL UPDATE ON HAPPENINGS IN THE USA WITH THESE REPUBLICANS

I am now officially off for the Christmas break and thought I would provide this update on what's happening in the USA before I hibernate for a few days.

First of all, just as I predicted would eventually happen, Newt Gingrich seems to be sliding. I dunno the exact reason why. Maybe the Republicans have wised up. Maybe Newt's organizational woes are showing up at the worst possible time. Maybe it's all the attack ads against him and the gang-up against him by the other candidates at the last debate. It's probably the last sentence.

In any event, the Iowa race suddenly got more exciting. Meanwhile, the Des Moines Register has endorsed Mitt Romney. Whether that is a good thing or not for him, I don't know.

As for Congress, all I will say about them is that the Republican Tea Party wing continues to show that they are rank amateurs when it comes to politics. These folks in Congress need to make a deal on the payroll tazw and get the extension done before all the taxes go up, but these nutty Tea Partiers would rather stand on principle regardless of the consequences to taxpayers of the United States of America, come hell or high water. And in doing so they are hurting their own cause and hurting their party.

Really, guys, I thought you folks in the GOP were supposed to be the cut-the-taxes crowd. Well, if you don't do this deal the taxes will go up and President Barack Obama will be pointing the finger at you. Tea Partiers, you need to swallow your pride, save your fights for later and get a deal done for the good of the country -- before you sink your whole party. That's my comment.  

No comments: