Saturday, December 10, 2011

IT'S UFC FIGHT NIGHT TONIGHT IN TORONTO

Enough about the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Tonight is FIGHT NIGHT in Toronto, and instead of the usual hockey fights at the Air Canada Centre we have MIXED MARTIAL ARTS as Jon "Bones" Jones takes on Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida. It's UFC 140.  Here's a sneak peak at the weigh-in.



May I also add that I heard sales were kind of slow for this one. While UFC absolutely packed the Rogers Centre for their inaugural fight with Georges St.Pierre, there were reports this wasn't even sold out as of a few days ago.

Bleacher Report has a few reasons why. Steve Buffery of the Toronto Sun was scratching his head about it too. I am also scratching my head because I would have thought if there was any place in North America that was a UFC hotbed, it's Toronto. Maybe people there just don't have any money. 

As for live coverage, here's the link to Sportsnet. Enjoy fight night!

No comments: