Tuesday, September 13, 2011

MOVIE COLUMNS ARE UP: TIFF MEMORIES, PLUS THE SUMMER BOX OFFICE IN REVIEW

Couple of movie links for your pleasure tonight. First, my article from earlier this month wrapping up the summer box office is up and I am finally linking to it.

Needless to say, Harry Potter was the big winner, but there were quite a few others. Personally, though, I am kind of glad the summer popcorn movies are out of the way. Now we can all look forward to some of the real movies coming out this fall (like Moneyball, 50/50, and a few others) -- some of which already premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Speaking of which: my recollections of the Toronto International Film Festival from my time there back in 2006. Hey, just because I am not in Toronto this year doesn't mean I have to miss out on all the fun of writing about it.

One of these days, I'll be covering the movies for real, full time -- that's what I keep on telling myself. Anyway, hopefully later this week I'll write about some of the intriguing movies from TIFF this year that I am actually interested in seeing. Hey, maybe I'll even review them! That is all for now.

No comments: