Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'M BACK FROM LAS VEGAS

Just returned from my trip to Las Vegas where it was nice and warm for the few days I was there. Now it's back to cloudy skies and -21C. Yikes.

I should also note that on my flight home most of the TVs on WestJet were tuned into the Grand Slam of Curling on CBC. Such is life in Saskatchewan.

Also, may I say that this weekend is a good example of why the NFL must not go out on a lockout in 2011. The sports landscape is pretty barren. I'm sorry, but basketball is no substitute, the NHL All-Star Game is no substitute, and while I'm glad there was auto racing with the Rolex 24 on, auto racing is no real substitute either. I will say, though, that if it isn't for auto racing I would be going bat-crazy during the months when football is in the off-season.

I will have more to say later, but that is it for right now.

No comments: