Saturday, December 18, 2010

TIME TO CHILL OUT

I am looking forward to what promises to be a reasonably easy week with a lot of down time -- just two-and-a-half full days of work and then a lot of time off until the following week. Last week at work was a little bit too crazy, so I need the time to relax. Tonight, I am watching football -- the New Orleans Bowl. Yes, another one of those bowl games.

One of the highlights of the past week was the hockey game I got to cover. Our resident sports guy was in Edmonton to see his beloved Toronto Maple Leafs take on the Oilers, so I got the press pass to be able to cover the SJHL game in his place between the Kindersley Klippers and Battlefords North Stars. It was a wild game with the Klippers winning 5-4, with the North Stars mad at the referee for his lousy officiating. The head coach went over and hurled a bunch of hockey sticks onto the ice, and he was ejected and later got a two-game suspension. You can read my account of the wild night here.

I also wrote up a piece on the blog about all the wild weather, not just here in North America but also in Europe. Today, Britain got a huge dumping of snow and that created a lot of chaos, and also wiped out a large number of English Premier League games both today and tomorrow. So soccer fans in Britain are not enjoying themselves.

That is all for now as I plan to get further rest and relaxation.

No comments: