Friday, August 20, 2010

ENTOURAGE GOING DARK (IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE)

So "The Year of the Cancellations" continues. HBO announced a couple of weeks ago it is going to be wrapping up Entourage with a six-episode run next season. "Noooooooooo!! The show is getting good again, and they want to kill it"! Fear not, though, I'm sure there will be a movie. Or even spinoff series.

There has been much talk so far this season about the darker tone the series has taken, with Vince's hard partying and cavorting with Sasha Grey getting him into trouble with the studio for his next flick. The studio thinks he's on drugs! As well, agent Ari's usual berating of employees got splashed over Deadline Hollywood, blowing up his NFL bid and no doubt leading to yet more trouble at home. I have to wonder how he manages to stay in a marriage, it truly is a marriage on the rocks. It's a quick slide down the greasy pole for both of them. I could see Vince ODing or even being thrown in jail, and I could see Ari's wife filing for divorce and Ari maybe even having a big heart attack in his office!

You want to know where I think this is leading to, eventually? I think this is leading to that long-stonewalled project I Wanna Be Sedated being rescued from the vault and Vince getting the leading part -- and that is how the series will wrap up. I just see that as the appropriate end point, because Vince is certainly making himself look perfectly suited for some role like that with his latest antics.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. 

No comments: