Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LARRY KING IS FINALLY LEAVING HIS SHOW ON CNN

Well, after several years of rumors about the supposedly impending departure of Larry King, it's finally going to happen. Larry King is leaving this fall, ending 25 years of hosting in prime time on CNN. And as someone who has followed Larry for years on the radio and TV I gotta say it is a sad day.

As for CNN, it's the end of an era. Lou Dobbs, Christiane Amanpour and now Larry King. I know Larry says he'll be back to do specials and so on, but still -- this is yet another departure of a CNN veteran. The only one still in the building seems to be Wolf Blitzer.

I sure hope this was Larry's decision. As for the ratings, I know they aren't that great these days, but if CNN truly believes anyone else in the time slot can do better than Larry then they are on drugs.

1 comment:

Learn English Language said...

After read this blog i stay impressive with the whole information because is absolutely interesting and wonderful .I like the new ideas raised in this blog. I must to say that I liked a lot the design and the way it was written. Simply wonderful.