Friday, May 07, 2010

ON IRON MAN 2

So you probably are wondering how I think Iron Man 2 will do at the box office as it opens across North America this weekend.

My guess? $127 million.

Honestly, I think people aren't going to resist the relentless last two weeks of hype and TV commercials about the movie. We've seen so many promotional tie-ins that it is insane. And Scarlett Johansson has been everywhere -- it really is ridiculous.

Actually, I wonder if I am going to be right about this prediction. I get the sense there are a lot of people fed up with superhero movies -- there have been just too many of them the past few years. Maybe Iron Man 2 will still be a hit, but I really think this genre needs a breather with the public because it is wearing out its welcome, fast.

No comments: