Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CANNES 2010 IS STILL ON

I am a little late with my Cannes coverage this year, but that is what happens when you are busy covering the news like I have been.

I suppose the big news of the festival so far has been the world premiere of Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, where we catch up with Gordon Gekko and see if he is any wiser now that he is older. Anyway, here are some of the photos from the red carpet end of it.

In other Cannes news, I notice actress Gemma Arterton has been in a couple of movies that rolled out in the past month. One of the movies is The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, based on the video game, and the other is called Tamara Drewe -- and Arterton skipped the Cannes debut of Tamara Drewe to be at the LA premiere of the other one. 

Tamara Drewe is based on a graphic novel and is apparently taking Cannes by storm. In this movie Arterton plays --- ahem -- somewhat of a tramp:



Anything to put up a picture of a girl -- that sums this blog right up. (Hey, this is still Beautiful Women Week at the blog, and I happen to like Bond girls.)

I guess Roman Polanski is also the big news at Cannes, too, not because he has much to do with the festival this year but because everyone in the movie world is talking about all the latest sordid news about him.

I am going to link you to the Variety and Hollywood Reporter coverage of the festival. I may put up more later, but for now, that is my Cannes coverage. Tomorrow, my Miss USA thoughts and a look at TV upfront week.

No comments: