Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SXSW 2010

SXSW is a film festival (and a few other things) in Austin, Texas and I thought I would post some links to some of the coverage.

I don't have much direct knowledge of film festivals beyond the one they hold in Toronto every year. To be honest, my one year volunteering at the Toronto festival kind of gave me a dim view of film festivals in general. It just seemed less like a film festival for the real fans, and more like something aimed at rich people and the "elect." You get the idea.

Anyway, from the sounds of it SXSW is my kind of film festival. Less elitist, closer to the real fans, that sort of thing -- sort of like what the Toronto festival was at one point in time. One of these days I want to go down there to check it out for myself and see if it's all true.

Here is what Film School Rejects is doing with their coverage; also here's the contributions of Cinematical  and IFC, among others.

No comments: