Friday, November 06, 2009

SESAME STREET IS 40

Now, honestly, did you really think I'd get through this week without acknowledging the anniversary of a show that I grew up watching on the CBC at 11 am in the morning?

Sesame Street has come a long way from its early days and I thought I would salute the show by putting up some memorable clips from YouTube, including this highlight reel that actually ran five years ago.



Next up is the Cookie Monster singing C Is for Cookie. These days, the folks running Sesame Street have been trying to make Cookie politically correct and get him to eat fruits and vegetables. But wasn't the whole point of the Cookie Monster meant to kind of humanize monsters? I mean, it's a monster eating cookies -- he must be a good guy, then, if he likes cookies!? That sort of thing.


Now here's an early clip of a very weird and orange-looking Oscar the Grouch singing I Love Trash.


And the Mahna Mahna song.


And last but not least, Kermit the Frog singing It's Not Easy Being Green.


I may post more cool Sesame Street stuff here but I think that is all for now.

1 comment:

Greg Delaney said...

I love the Sesame Street "doodles" that have been appearing on Google's homepage lately