Thursday, October 22, 2009

DAVE LETTERMAN IS AN OLD GOAT

Well, I am pleased to say I am over my funk from the other day. I needed to get that rant out of my system about the state of the journalism business.  For me, life is good because, well, I have the next three days off and will be able to get the heck out of the city for a couple of days.

And now that I think of it, maybe I should forget sports and entertainment reporting and go the business news route anyway, covering the stock markets. More money.
Besides, this entertainment news racket is, ahem, getting a bit too tawdry even for me. Here's the latest update of my continuing coverage of stupid news stories -- like the ongoing Dave Letterman sex/extortion scandal.

Bill Maher is one of the many comedians saying Dave is being let off easy for his dalliances by his fellow comediians. I couldn't really care whether the comedians let Dave off the hook or not. In fact, I don't really care what the National Organization for Women says about Dave or what anyone else says. As far as I'm concerned, all these opinions don't matter -- except for one.

There is only one person, and one person only, whose opinion counts in the whole matter of whether to let Dave is off the hook or not: his wife. If she feels burned by this whole mess, she should be the one to take action and file for divorce, and soak Dave for millions. That's exactly what Dave deserves -- he doesn't deserve to lose his job, he deserves to be divorced. In fact, I think he should keep his job -- just so that his aggrieved wife will get as much loot as possible from him in the settlement.

In fact, there are all kinds of tabloid reports of a big divorce filing coming. Well, that's what you get when you have sex with coworkers. Sex with coworkers is nothing but trouble as far as I'm concerned -- and if you're married it's even worse.

Also trouble: there's apparently a SEX TAPE out there showing Dave having sex with a coworker. Holy crow! How did this happen, and what the hell was Dave thinking? Supposedly this was all recorded by some security camera, and all I have to say is if this tape truly exists, it is something I definitely do not want to see -- ever! Talk about a sight for sore eyes. Yecch!!!!

It seems plainly obvious now that this story will never go away. In fact, this story is getting pathetic in a really really big hurry. All I gotta say is: Dave Letterman, you are a loser.

No comments: