Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JAY'S NEW SHOW BLOWS

I have seen enough of the new Jay Leno Show on NBC to render an opinion on it and all I gotta say is I'm unimpressed. The weird thing about the show -- and I think I might be repeating a similar opinion I must have read somewhere else -- is that Jay seemed too much like a guest on his own show last week. It seemed like everyone else was the star of the show -- whether it's Jerry Seinfeld, Oprah, or whatever guest he has on that night. And I think that's the big issue with the show right now. It lives and dies based on the quality of the guests.

Anyway, it's turned into exactly the kind of televised mediocrity I expected: five hours of NBC prime time real estate wasted each week on a cheap-junk TV show. It's a shame. But really, what do you expect from the Peacock Network these days? The ratings are starting to go downhill, too -- check out what happened in the ratings Monday night. Tuesday was a little better, but I think the novelty factor is wearing thin quickly and it's bound to get worse over time.

I know, already -- this post is as lame as Leno's show. Well, that's what you get when I'm worked to the hilt and my brain is fried from all the stuff I have been covering.

No comments: