Wednesday, September 30, 2009

THE BANKRUPT PHOENIX COYOTES REMAIN THE BANKRUPT PHOENIX COYOTES

Here's a link to the judgment written by the bankruptcy judge. All in all I gotta say, this is still a gong show.

I will say this, though: I'm glad that awful Jim Balsillie didn't get the team. Hamilton hockey fans may deserve an NHL team, but they don't deserve HIM. His tactic of swooping in and trying to buy distressed teams and relocate them to other cities strikes me as the "vulture" way to go, and I don't like it one bit. Among other things, that tactic hoses the devoted hockey fans in the cities of the teams he has targeted (including Pittsburgh and Nashville). And don't give me this nonsense that he'd be a great NHL owner -- he hasn't followed the rules or protocol one bit. No wonder he lost -- and if Hamilton ever wants to be in the NHL they should forget him.

I can't believe how big a story this got to be in Canada -- it was clear weeks ago that Balsillie wasn't going to get the team and that he had an uphill legal climb, yet the media folks in Canada acted like he still had an even shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations?