Monday, September 21, 2009

THE EMMYS, MEGAN FOX'S BOX OFFICE, AND OTHER INTERESTING ENTERTAINMENT STUFF I MISSED OVER THE WEEKEND

First of all, let me post my Reject Report column that talked about the weekend box office and the surprisingly bad numbers posted by Jennifer's Body -- aka Jennifer's Dead Body, because the movie died at the box office.

I don't think the numbers would have been so bad if the movie had only lived up to all its oversexed hype and Megan Fox had done a nude scene, because then all the fanboy guys would have been lining up to see the movie. But they just couldn't care less about this s#!t. (By the way, it's amazing I even got around to posting a column this weekend, given how busy I was attending awards ceremonies and dealing with family matters and so on -- but that shows you how committed I am to you, the readers, who care about this box office stuff week in and week out.)

Next, I am sorry to say that I was more interested in what happened in last night's episode of Entourage than I was in the Emmy Awards, but it seems I didn't miss much, because all the usual people won. For those of you who missed it here's a liveblog of the show, which saw the usual wins by Mad Men, 30 Rock, Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jon Stewart, and all these other folks.

I'll be busy the next couple of days so don't expect much here until, say, Wednesday. (Remind me to blog about the new TV season, which starts tonight.)

No comments: