Thursday, August 06, 2009

SUMMER OF DEATH CONTINUES: MOVIE DIRECTOR JOHN HUGHES DIES OF A HEART ATTACK

Man, it's everybody at the top of their professions this year dying. Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Steve McNair, Walter Cronkite and now film director John Hughes.

Really, this is getting totally ridiculous with all these big-name deaths. Who's next?! Ted Kennedy? Patrick Swayze? Oprah? The Pope?!

In honor of Hughes and his memorable teen movies of the Eighties, tomorrow I plan to do exactly what Ferris Bueller once did: I am taking the day off!

Actually, I was owed the day off anyway because I worked the weekend last week, but no matter. I plan to relax and enjoy myself.

Enjoy what's left of summer while it lasts, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You nailed it right on the head... R.I.P. Ted Kennedy!