Wednesday, June 03, 2009

TRANSFORMERS 2: BOX OFFICE COULD BE HUGE

Was just reading Jeffrey Wells over at Hollywood Elsewhere. He says on his blog that HitFix's Gregory Ellwood is reporting that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is tracking so strongly that it could be on a pace to shatter the $203 million mark set by The Dark Knight for a five-day period.

$203 million?! That much? Really? Well, I guess so, eh? Especially since there really isn't much else out this summer that has really excited people to the Nth degree -- except maybe for Star Trek, but even that movie opened to only $75 million. It would be amazing if the five-day record were to fall, though, because I get the impression there are a lot of Michael Bay haters out there who fully intend to stay home.

Remind me to rant about it tomorrow for my box office column, which, might I add, is getting to be more and more a thankless chore to do with every passing week -- especially given my lousy prediction record. When you start to feel that a column is getting in the way of the more important things in your life -- like, uh, actually going to the movies or watching them on TV -- you've got trouble.

No comments: