Saturday, June 06, 2009

FEMBOTS

Was reading one of these posts over at one of these spy movie blogs I've been reading, all about fembots in the movies. I'm kind of interested in fembot movies ever since seeing that cool Austin Powers movie starring the famous fembots. The Austin Powers series parodied a lot of spy-era movies, not just the James Bond ones, and I'm sure they singled out a few of these Sixties fembot movies for particular punishment.

The two biggest fembot movies of all time were from American International: Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine and Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs, both starring Vincent Price. The sequel was an El-Cheapo followup that was shot in Italy, based on the original flick's big popularity there.

Anyway, I was reading that post about Dr. Goldfoot and decided to go online to find some YouTube stuff about these flicks, and you can see the results below. One video has rare radio ads for the Bikini Machine and the other two are trailers.







I notice in Girl Bombs they have an Italian comedy troupe in the movie, in addition to setting the movie in Italy. They must have taken advantage of tax credits or something like that (!!!!) -- I had read that American International did a lot of movies in Italy in the mid-Sixties.

I gotta say, I am a big fan of these cheesy American International flicks -- they just look so schlocky and far out, man. Most of all -- I like the fembots in the bikinis. The Sixties were fun times -- not like the uptight 21st century.

FIVE YEARS AND STILL COUNTING FEMBOTS

Incidentally - I just realized today is the fifth anniversary of this blog! How time flies.

And as you see from my post below, I returned this blog to its politics-centric roots for the day, reporting on the Saskatchewan NDP leadership convention and the happenings there. Fear not, though. This blog is now back to spewing junk, full-time.

No comments: