Thursday, May 21, 2009

THIS YEAR'S INGLOURIOUS CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

Well, I haven't posted much about the Cannes Film Festival here so far. I guess I should, at least before the whole thing wraps up.

I guess the new Quentin Tarantino flick Inglourious Basterds rolled out the other day, and the reaction at Cannes was really divided, with some calling it brilliant while others called it a total piece of junk.

Anyway I don't have too much news on the festival. You can follow some of the happenings at the AMC News blog. You might as well -- James Rocchi is writing for it. I guess Variety and the Hollywood Reporter are there, too, along with all the usual people.

I'd write some more, but I'm too tired tonight. You can read my thoughts on how Terminator Salvation will do in my box office column -- assuming you care.

No comments: