Friday, April 17, 2009

STILL CRANKING 'EM OUT

I wish I could be more motivated to rant and rave about this weekend's movies including Crank: High Voltage, but to be honest with you I'm still tired and zonked out after the week I had at work. For one thing, I was up until 2 in the morning on Monday getting stories done for the next day's paper because of what happened at the long city council meeting that night. (These folks passed a controversial tax hike, and spent something like two and a half hours debating and ranting and raving).

Also, I had a heavy day on Wednesday covering three big events, including the big Saskatchewan NDP leadership debate in the evening that I had been telling you about.

That was okay, but I was surprised -- I thought maybe there would be more press there. There was certainly much, much more press at the PC leadership debates in Ontario when I was there. (UPDATE: I guess the Star-Phoenix turned up at the NDP's Saskatoon debate, which sounded much the same as the one I was at -- except there was more people. But the four candidates were saying much the same things.)

Anyhow, it sure beats watching America vote someone out on American Idol, only for the judges to bring the poor guy back for another week because the people at home were such fools.

I can't say I'm excited about American Idol this year, or much else for that matter. Anyway, the good news is: because I've been working so hard the last two weeks, I get today off. Woo hoo!

No comments: