Sunday, February 22, 2009

SLUMDOG WINS BIG

I'm just watching Indian TV streams on the Internet right now (CNN-IBN) after Slumdog Millionaire won Best Picture and seven other Oscars. They're celebrating as if they just won the Stanley Cup.

And leave it to Best Actor Sean Penn to give his own political speech trashing the pro-Prop 8 crowd at the podium while calling Barack Obama "elegant". That's two big political speeches in one night.

I dunno if this telecast set a record for lowest viewership ever -- I certainly did my part by switching over to the NASCAR race in mid-show -- but this year's Oscars might have set a record for length. Man, that went on and on and on, and what's worse, we all knew who was going to win!! Anyway, that's that.

-------------------------

Programming note: expect little from me here for at least a couple of days as I will be up to my ears in reporting assignments and other fun stuff. Until I return, here's my box office report to read. See you later this week.

No comments: