Monday, December 22, 2008

WEATHER WREAKS HAVOC ON THE BOX OFFICE

Yes Man won the weekend box office, but the weather was a much greater story, wrecking box office hopes from coast to coast. Who wants to go to a movie if you have to brave the winter elements? Where I am, the big problem is the terrible cold temperatures. I have plenty of time to see movies these days-- but my car doesn't have plenty of time for freezing cold weather.

Also, I ranted again about these so-called Oscar contenders that are showing up in only a few theaters, and I basically express my frustration with the fact that they still aren't playing to a wider audience. There are plenty of movies people want to see -- so why aren't we getting to see them? Drives us up the wall. Not everyone lives in New York or San Francisco. My box office column from Sunday can be found here.

In other news, my Christmas vacation has begun. Life is good.

No comments: