Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THEY TRIED TO BE LIKE BOND

Well, welcome to James Bond week here at the CAIRNS BLOG as I do a series of posts about the new Quantum of Solace movie and the James Bond spy craze in particular. Later this week (actually, tomorrow), I will be writing up my usual post for the Reject Report over at Film School Rejects, where I predict how the latest Bond movie will do in the domestic market.

Right now, I am going to salute all the old, sometimes obscure spy-genre spoofs and wannabe-Bond movies that came out during the early days of the 007 movie franchise in the Sixties.

I'll start with Operation Kid Brother, an Italian-made Spaghetti-Bond movie starring Neil Connery, Sean Connery's brother, as the spy. I actually found this movie on the Internet as part of an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Turned out there were quite a few of these Spaghetti-Spy movies and I ought to do another post about it showing some more trailers from some of these flicks.

Here's Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die, starring Mike Connors.


A Man Called Dagger


Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill


Secret Agent Super Dragon


The sequel to Deadlier than the Male, entitled Some Girls Do.


And last but not least --- The Man Called Flintstone!

No comments: