Thursday, October 02, 2008

DUELING DEBATES

All I have to say about the two debates tonight, one Canadian and the other American, is this. As much as I wanted to follow the American VP debate and see whether Sarah Palin was a big train wreck, I kept on getting drawn back to that WWE-battle-royale-disguised-as-a-debate involving the Canadian leaders.

I gotta say, there was major piling on tonight. Stephen Harper likes the hockey analogies but he must have felt more like a football player tonight, getting tackled by everyone.

I don't think much changed for anyone tonight. A lot of people are turned off by the way these debates are conducted in this country, anyway. In the meantime you have these American leaders talking about serious issues that might impact the entire world. More intelligent discussion, and more civilized.

No comments: