Friday, September 19, 2008

PAT O'BRIEN FINALLY LEAVES THE INSIDER

Well, the news is that Pat O'Brien has finally departed his Insider show, and all I will say is that I'm very surprised he even lasted this long given all his troubles with alcohol and so on.

What finally did him in was an email in which he blasted his own show's focus on fashions and so on, after hearing it from fans during a visit to Iowa. The people there are apparently suffering too much financially to care about all that rich-person stuff, according to him:

I was approached a hundred times by people asking, 'Can you help us?' I tried to tell them we care, but they didn't buy it. They wanted to, but watching...Lara [Spencer] pick out accessories makes the viewers want to vomit. I'll get killed for this, but I'm actually the one not afraid for my job. I want people to be happy.

Well, indeed, Pat O'Brien did get killed for it. Bye bye, Pat, finally.

No comments: