Tuesday, February 19, 2008

TURTLES

I thought I would post a music video. I found this on Mark Evanier's website but it was actually floating around on Youtube before, and you movie buffs might like it. It's video of The Turtles singing the theme song to the movie A Guide for the Married Man. This was seen on the Smothers Brothers show on TV years ago.



I add this because I remember that the PBS station in Buffalo ran the movie A Guide for the Married Man one night, and it stuck with me -- it just seemed like the kind of silly movie that would run in the 1960s. Also, the movie stuck with me because I am a geek for the early days of TV, and big TV actress Inger Stevens (The Farmer's Daughter) was in the flick, in living color. That woman was a knockout.

It's kind of funny, because with this movie you kind of expect Doris Day and Rock Hudson to show up in it. Instead, it was Inger and Walter Matthau. I guess Doris and Rock weren't interested.

No comments: