Saturday, January 26, 2008

THE REALITY IS THAT THE MISS AMERICA PAGEANT IS A JOKE

A new Miss America is being crowned tonight in Las Vegas (!) (?) and nobody freaking cares.

The pageant has been running a lousy four-day reality-show-style competition televised on TLC, and I have got to say that this is SAD and a cheap stunt that has completely cheapened the competition. The fact that this pageant isn't in Atlantic City is bad enough, but the fact that they've gone reality is an absolute rock bottom moment --- the kind of thing worthy of a schlock-artist like Donald Trump.

The fact that Trump himself has NOT gone the reality route with his Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants kind of says it all about the state of affairs in the pageant world these days. At least those other pageants and those title holders still have some semblance of dignity and class left, unlike the Miss America Pageant.

Lets face it, this organization has never recovered after the way it treated Vanessa Williams in forcing her to resign her title. They should just give up completely on this event. Miss America is in the grave.

Oh--- congrats Miss Michigan, uh, I mean America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWWW -- wat a b**** -- miss america is SO important

Karlie said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://2gbmemory.net