Monday, October 01, 2007

EXTRA INNINGS


I gotta say, what a great year it was in the National League, what with four teams in the thick of it to the very last day of the regular season, and with a division title being decided on the final day in dramatic fashion (with the Phillies clinching and the Mets recording one of the all-time greatest flops) and with San Diego and Colorado ending the season tied for the wild card.

We are now in the 11th inning of the playoff to determine who gets the final playoff spot, and in my mind the winner of this game is already decided. Baseball is the winner, and people are going to look back at the race in the National League and the Barry Bonds home run chase and say what a classic season this was.

Oops. I forgot. Steroids.

By the way, I ought to do a post some time on the great mascots of sports. Heck, I've already done these sexy NFL cheerleaders to death. I really should get back to making this blog a family show again. Pictured above, one of baseball's greatest mascots the Phillie Phanatic.

No comments: