Thursday, June 28, 2007

THE CHRIS BENOIT MURDER-SUICIDE TRAGEDY

I'm surprised people on TV are more interested in Paris Hilton than this breaking Chris Benoit story. I gotta say first of all that I am not a big WWE fan, but I know the WWE is out there and I know plenty of rabid WWE fans who follow the "sport". They realize it's all entertainment and don't take it too seriously but they are big fans. But the WWE has a lot of skeletons in the closet to be sure.

O Monday night I decided for the heck of it to flip channels and check out the WWE for the first time in a long time, because there was nothing else on TV and I figured I might as well watch something uplifting for a change. So I tune in and there's Vince McMahon in an empty arena announcing that Chris Benoit had died. So much for that.

That was shocking enough, but now the stories about a murder-suicide have me shaking my head. You know, this is yet another black eye for the WWE. It's had a lot of bad luck with wrestlers dying at early ages because of steroids, and steroid abuse has been running rampant. But this--- this really is unbelievable. Talk about a sport with a black eye--- wrestling looks really bad right now with this news. They really need to clean up their act over there--- get some people involved in that so-called sport who are interested in obeying the law.

(UPDATE): Now there's word Congress might even get involved. Great. They'll probably go nuts and outlaw the sport now when all they really need to do is just get rid of steroids.

No comments: