Thursday, December 28, 2006

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYERS

For my own uses. really, I post this link to an article I found in Variety about the Barnes Morris law firm. It's just had its tenth year in business and they do entertainment law. They got their start repping the guys who created South Park. I don't know why I am posting this. Maybe this might be an attractive option for those of you lawyers stuck in office buildings drafting boring documents all the time. Thing is, you need a client first. Want to be an entertainment lawyer? Open your own office! And have clients. That's what they apparently did.

In other news I read an article about a UCLA screenwriting class on pitching, involving some ex-lawyer who was now working in TV and managed to dig up this web site about her. Turns out she's a stand-up comedian. She was also heavily involved in her Law Revue show in law school (same as me). I did some digging and it turns out she went to NYU.

You know, I don't know why I don't pursue stand-up comedy or something like that. I'd certainly enjoy it, that's for sure, and I sure enjoyed my time working on that law show way back in the old days. I guess there are other things I'd rather do. Anyway I throw this out there--- as another potential option for you poor suffering lawyers stuck in office buildings this Christmas season, pouring over boring documents all the time. Don't slit your wrists, there are options out there for you!

That's all for now.

No comments: