Wednesday, July 13, 2005

NHL LABOUR WAR IS OVER, FINALLY

The NHL and NHLPA have REACHED A SETTLEMENT.

I don't have much time to comment on this yet, but I will go through it all soon. From what I hear, the official line of spin everyone in hockey is putting out is that there are going to be all these great rule changes and how this deal is great for the game. Forgive me for being cynical. But you can't make me believe that what the NHL has just been through is good for the game. Frankly what happened in the last several months has set this sport back years.

Personally, when the league comes back I hope the fans boo these players the moment they hit the ice for the first time. That's what they deserve, not some standing ovation for coming back to do their jobs. I looked at TSN's home page and the tone of the coverage was that we all ought to celebrate the fact that these bums are back. Right.

For the latest news here's links to TSN and Sportsnet. Top story in Canada is the deal.

No comments: