Thursday, April 28, 2005

NOMINATION FIGHTS SHAPING UP

With talk of an election I just want you to get caught up on some more news I'm gleaning about possible Toronto candidates. This is all stuff I found looking at the Free Dominion boards.

It sure looks as if there's a big Tory fight brewing in Etobicoke-Lakeshore between Morley Kells and John Capobianco. Kells was the former MPP for the area at Queen's Park and Capobianco was the candidate of record there last federal election. The nomination meeting was moved to May 5th and the riding website says it'll be in a bigger hall than the one they had booked before. There's also a rumor that Kells outsold Capobianco by a 3-to-1 margin but I don't know whether there's any confirmation of that. But whoever wins that nomination fight has a great shot at winning that riding. Etobicoke-Lakeshore is the best shot that Conservatives have in Toronto.

It's too bad for Capobianco that he'll have to fight for the nomination there because he ran a great campaign last time in the same riding, but I guess that's life, that's politics. Anyway, just for the heck of it THE CAIRNS BLOG endorses John Capobianco for the nomination in Etobicoke-Lakeshore, mainly because I've known him forever. I'll probably actually go down there to help if Capobianco wins, but then again I don't live in the riding. Maybe I'll go down to the nomination meeting and see for myself what happens there.

Heard also that Pauline Browes, former federal cabinet minister, could be running in Scarborough-Guildwood, another riding the Conservatives have a hope in. I also read a rumor that Dennis Timbrell might run in "one of the Don Valleys" according to the information at Free Dominion. But nothing's confirmed on that. I can tell you, though, that I know he lives in Don Valley East and used to represent that area in Queen's Park. Like I say we'll know what the situation is in Don Valley East by day's end, and whether or not Timbrell has his name in nomination in this riding or if he's running somewhere else, or anywhere, period. I'll tell you this, I don't think too many people are going to be fighting over the nomination in Loserville Don Valley East, a hopeless Liberal riding in my estimation.

1 comment:

4sail said...

What does mr timbrell do for a living now?