Friday, February 18, 2005

TORY POLITICAL JUNK

I haven't posted much political stuff lately and I still claim to be running a political blog, so here's some useless Conservative political news to tell you about.

First, the byelection has been called in Dufferin-Peel-Wellington-Grey for March 17th and John Tory is opening his campaign office tonight at 5PM in Orangeville. Hopefully this will be a slam dunk for him. Time to send a message to the Liberals at Queen's Park that they can't get away with what they are doing.

In other news the Ontario PCs have a policy convention next week in Ottawa and it looks increasingly as if I won't be going to that one, either. Financial issues have gotten in the way and I think I'll end up staying home after all. It's too bad, but I've got to watch my own bottom line. I've wasted too much of my money on politics. I still have time to change my mind, but it looks grim.

Finally, I've been checking out the conservative blogs around this country and it seems to me that Edmonton area MP Rona Ambrose has a lot of new Tory fans who think she's a babe.

Thought I'd give you a link to the Meatriarchy which talks about how the female Conservative MPs have been getting makeovers and how hot-looking they are. And they all love the fact that Rona bodyslammed Ken Dryden in the Commons, that's where they got her photo from. I know, I know, this is silliness, but heck, shouldn't you have fun in politics? You shouldn't have to be uptight all the time. If politics ain't going to be a load of laughs you may as well quit.

No comments: